Terms and Conditions
Our terms and conditions comply with UK legislation, including the Distance Selling Regulations. They are designed to ensure that Sewing-online customers can shop with us in safety and security. For your own reference, please feel free to print and keep a copy.
The reproduction of colours is as accurate as the photographic and production process will allow.
All measurements are approximate.
Sewing-online reserves the right to discontinue or change products and pricing without notice. Errors in pricing on the website are not binding and may be adjusted at any time. We do our best to make sure that prices are correctly shown but very occasionally an error may occur. If this should happen, we will correct the price and ask you to confirm whether you still wish to purchase the goods at the correct price. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled. We will not accept an order if there is a pricing error.
We feature products that have been carefully selected for sale on the Sewing-online.com website. Once an item is sold out it will be taken off the website at the earliest opportunity and may not be available again. Goods are subject to availability. As there is a short delay between the time when your order is placed, and the time when the order is accepted, the stock position relating to particular items may change. If an item you have ordered becomes out of stock before we accept the order we shall notify you as soon as possible and you will be offered an alternative or a refund for the out of stock items.
If, due to unforeseen circumstances or in the event of supply difficulties, it is necessary to substitute an item, the item will be of equal or greater value than that which it replaces. We will reimburse you for the cost of returning substitute goods that you do not wish to accept.
Accepting Orders and Security
When you place an order we treat it as an offer to buy. If you enter a correct e-mail address we will send you an order acknowledgement e-mail. If we accept your order, we will also send you a confirmation e-mail with your order number, at which point we make a legal contract with you. However, we will be entitled to refuse to accept your order if we feel it necessary, in which case we will e-mail you as soon as we can to let you know.
In deciding whether to accept your order we may use the information you have given to us, or we already hold about you, or which we receive from any enquiry we may make with external agencies to confirm your identity. This assists us to protect you and us from fraudulent transactions. If we decline your offer on security grounds we may contact you to seek an alternative payment method.
Please enter your address details carefully as we cannot be held responsible for missing/incorrect address information.
Postage And Packaging
Sewing-online will deliver items worldwide. We endeavour to ship items as quickly as possible. All orders are usually dispatched within 1 - 2 business days. However if an item that you have ordered is not in stock it may take longer to dispatch, we will notify you of any problems fulfilling your order.
The following postage and packaging charges apply.
- United Kingdom - Free Postage and Packaging on orders over £30.00. £2.99 on orders under £30.00 *** Excludes Channel Islands ***
- European Union - Orders will incur a shipping charge of £9.99 or 15% of the total order total.
- United States - Orders will incur a shipping charge of £14.99 or 20% of the total order total.
- Rest of the World - Orders will incur a shipping charge of £19.99 or 25% of the total order total.
*Please note some bulkier products cost more than the above to send to international destinations costs will be reflected in your basket or you will be contaced accordingly. All deliveries to destinations outside the UK may be subject to import duties and taxes, which are levied by the importing country at the time the delivery arrives in your country. Any applicable duties, fees and any additional charges for customs clearance will be payable by you.
We welcome orders from around the world however we only accept payments in Pound Sterling our price calculator should only be used as a guide price for Euros and US Dollars.
All Sewing-online products have a 1 year guarantee against manufacturing defects.
This guarantee does not include consumable items such as needles, bobbins, light bulbs, etc.
Non Receipt Of Goods
Sewing-online must be notified of missing items or non-receipt of goods within 7 days of receipt of purchase.
If you decide you are unhappy with your purchase, please advise us by e-mail before return of goods. Any discrepancies must be reported as soon as is reasonable after delivery, preferably within 24 hours.
Please report the fault to us with a full description of the alleged fault. You will also need to provide us with images of the damage. Your product is to be returned to Sewing-online within 14 days unused, and in its original condition.
A full refund will be given less our postage costs (unless faulty) your product will be returned to the delivery address at your expense. Please return goods in the same condition as received. We request that if you or the carriers open the box to examine the product please do so without damaging the box and packaging or damaging the product in any way. Please re-package as received in order for us to re-sell the item as brand new.
The following items may be returned:
- Full rolls and unopened packages
- Damaged goods
- Incorrect items
The following items may NOT be returned:
- Any cut merchandise
- Special order items
- Opened packages*this does not affect your statutory rights. However, we kindly ask you to open packages carefully if there is a chance that you may wish to return the item
Sending a Return
With your return please provide us with your invoice number, item, quantity to be returned, reason for return and your contact details. Once we receive your return, we will credit you within 14 working days.
Please see returns policy above, however the following will apply:
You will be liable to pay the cost of returning unwanted goods back to us. Where a product is faulty, damaged or item not as described we will refund the cost of posting the goods back to us via your local postal office. A proof of return postage paid must be obtained. You must email Online Customer Services before returning your goods.
All goods must be checked by the customer on the day of delivery for faults or postal damage. If goods are faulty or reach you in an unsatisfactory condition, you must notify General Merchandise International within 7 days of receiving the goods and we will arrange to have the goods exchanged.
Paying with Klarna
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment methods. Payment is to be made to Klarna.
- Pay in 30 days: The payment period is 30 days from shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service. You can find the complete terms and conditions for the markets where this payment method is available here: United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Austria, Switzerlandand the Netherlands.
- Financing: With the financing service from Klarna you can pay your purchase in flexible or fixed monthly instalments according to the conditions stated in the checkout. The instalment payment is due at the end of each month after submission of a separate monthly invoice by Klarna. Further information regarding Slice It including terms and conditions and Standard European Consumer Credit Information you can find here for the markets where this payment method is available: Austria, the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmarkand Finland.
- Direct bank transfer: Available in Germany, Austria, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Poland and the Netherlands. Your account will be debited directly after placement of your order.
- Direct Debit: Your account will be debited after shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service or in case of a subscription in accordance with the timelines communicated. You will be notified about the date(s) by email.
- Card Payments: Available in Sweden, Germany and Austria. The amount will be reserved on your card and will be debited after shipment of the goods or tickets/ availability date of the service. In case of a subscription the amount will be debited in accordance with the timelines communicated.
The payment methods Pay in 30 days, Slice It and direct debit are only available in case of a positive credit assessment. For this purpose, during the order process and handling of your purchase, we forward your data for an address and credit check to Klarna. We can only offer you the payment methods available based on the result of the credit check. General information about Klarna and the user terms per country can be found on klarna.com. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.